Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back in business

Some CPR and a shock with the defibrillator and we're back in business. Not without some scars though (power LED refuses to work although it flickers every now and then). I'm confident that all I have is a loose connection or two and that should be easily fixable.

What's of interest now though is that I still have the LED strip from the keyboard backlight. Once everything is secure I'm wondering if it could be incorporated into some form of case lighting....hmmmmm.

To whet your appetite for pictures, here's a crappy iPhone shot of the unit in use (writing this post actually), running off battery (so keyboard and trackpad are not on top. Once I extend the battery cables that big black thing will shift down and fits almost perfectly above the motherboard. As an added bonus, it also shields the trackpad from RF interference from the wifi/bluetooth module.


3 comments:

  1. Hiya.

    Great looking project, I went through all the posts. I'm looking forward to the final product. I wonder how come anyone else didn't come to think of this mod, odd.

    And by the way, I've spotted Mac-like Bluetooth NumPad for you, if you're interested.

    http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0321VC/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance when this is all said and done your going to write out some sort of full guide?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I could....but it wouldn't really expand much on what has already been blogged about. There isn't really a lot to it TBH. Apart from the battery cable everything is just pulled from the Air's case and folded into the bottom half of the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete